Striving to go beyond what is expected of a privately owned company, Tigh-Na-Mara has created forward-thinking HR strategies to attract and retain motivated team members, resulting in improved customer satisfaction and an overall increase in the company bottom line.
Tigh-Na-Mara embodies true hospitality welcoming back repeat guests and creating a positive Resort culture. In 2008, Tigh-Na-Mara became WorldHost Certified, now employing a WorldHost Trainer. Being WorldHost certified lends credibility to the Resort and to the Parksville Qualicum Beach Region as a whole. Increasingly, other hospitality organizations are modeling their guest service and HR strategies after ours. We are very proud of the individual achievements of our team members and their contribution to the Resorts’ ongoing successes.
FT = Full Time 30+ hours | PT = Part Time -29 hours | C = Casual | S= Seasonal
To apply please submit your full resume including cover letter to email@example.com.
Applicants consent to Tigh-Na-Mara contacting previous employers for references, and scoping social media.
Perks & Benefits for our Team Members
- Great Colleagues!
- Opportunities to learn, grow, advance, including opportunities to transfer to other departments
- Team member meals for $3.50
- 50% off restaurant menu while on shift
- Vacation accruals
- Paid bereavement days
- Empire Life extended health & dental benefit plan (we pay 50%)
- TNM or Quality Food certificates for referring new team members ($50-$100)
- 30% discount on Spa services
- 30% off in the Gift Shop or Spa Retail
- 30% off in the Cedar Dining Room & Copper Lounge for food & non-alcoholic beverages up to 4 persons (no discount in the Treetop Tapas & Grill)
- Discounts on functions at TNM (food, beverage & meeting space)
- $50 TNM gift certificate for referring new group business plus $3 per room night actualized
- Training (Orientation, WorldHost, Departmental job skills, WHMIS)
- Fabulous Christmas Dinner & Dance!
- Birthday/Anniversary recognition
- Gift for wedding & birth of a baby
- Team member room rates, based upon availability
- Halloween dress up with prizes
- Wonderful Family Summer BBQ
- Leave of Absence
- Free Parking
- Payroll deduction for RRSPs & Canada Savings Bonds
- Tuition Re-imbursement
- Team member input (CARE Committee)
- Rap (small group sessions with GM & HR)
- Spirit Award & trip
- Long Service Awards (5, 10, 15 20 & 25 years) & dinner
- Discounted local gym membership
- Use of facilities, non-peak season (pool, tennis, beach, gym, etc.)
- Quarterly Team Member Newsletter
- 50% off mid-week Mineral Pool passes for self & guest
- Quarterly departmental social events
- Special pricing on Gift Shop items in November for Christmas shopping
- Monthly recognition reception with prizes (SEA Star)
- Complimentary coffee, tea & fountain soft drinks on shift
Please note items which appear in bold are additional perks & benefits for Full-time team members.
To be the resort destination of choice by creating memorable guest experiences in a natural, west coast setting.
We are committed to continually enhance our guest services in a respectful, supportive and natural environment.
We will provide the necessary tools and administer fiscal responsibility, which will result in positive guest experiences, the success of our team, and the trust of our ownership.
Tigh-Na-Mara’s values guide us in our daily interactions with our guests, our team, and our stakeholders:
- We empower our team
- We forgive honest mistakes
- We support training, education and personal growth
- We support our community through sustainable practices
- We interact as a team with integrity and respect
- We provide a positive, fun and caring environment
- We provide warm and sincere service
- We encourage open and honest communication
- We create an environment that embraces the opportunity for change
- We recognize and celebrate our achievements