Now Accepting Resumes for Marketing Manager – Full Time
Are you an experienced, Marketing Manager who is social media savvy and wants to assist a unique Resort & Spa continue to be exposed to new markets? Are you creative, strong on deadlines and enjoy building relationships with the partners & media? Are you willing to model our values, including empowering our team, having fun at work, embracing change, forgiving honest mistakes, being caring, positive, providing warm, sincere service while interacting with respect & integrity?
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre is an all-season destination resort located in Parksville, B.C., featuring 192 log constructed accommodation units set in 22 acres of forest and three restaurants showcasing unique West Coast inspired dishes. Our Food & Beverage facilities include 10,000 square feet of meeting space, a 160 seat dining room, a 70 seat lounge. At the Spa, we have two relaxation lounges, and a 26 seat “boutique” restaurant with an extensive seasonal tapas menu. Recent awards include best spa in Western Canada, Power of Partners, 4 Green Keys and numerous others. Visit us at www.tigh-na-mara.com
The role of Marketing Manager will focus on developing and more specifically, implementing the day-to-day fully integrated strategic marketing plan. This talented individual requires strong branding knowledge, as well as additional strengths in copy writing, editing, media relations, time management and MS Office. The brand throughout the past 2 years has gone through a considerable metamorphosis leading us to where we are today. Reporting to the General Manager, he/she will also supervisor the advertising coordinator and liaise with our brand consultant and website supplier as required to continually push the brand further and continue with the revised brand implementation.
We are a great place to work! Tigh-Na-Mara has fabulous team members throughout the Resort who enjoy coming to work and providing our guests with warm & friendly service. We are very team focused, supporting local charities & our community. We value input, creativity and honest communication. We recognize & reward our team and expect all our Leaders to do the same.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create, plan and implement a fully integrated strategic marketing plan which includes print, social media, radio, online and TV, in consultation with the GM and Executive Team, ensuring the messaging is consistent and relevant
- Manage deadlines for publications, web-sites, e-blasts and internal projects
- Identify strategic marketing opportunities based on business demand/levels
- May at times (as required) work with outside consultants to continue the progression of the brand as previously set-out, which may also include strategic advertising opportunities and promotion based initiatives
- Work with the team to ensure ad/copy deadlines are met
- Ensure marketing data base is kept up to date for Media partners, industry partners
- Mine data from SMS in partnership with the Revenue Supervisor to create strategic e-blasts/ targeted messaging
- Think ahead and anticipate needs based on business levels compared to sales
- Identify strategic positioning to grow the market base for the conference and leisure business
- Ensure data base is continually up-dated, current and growing
- Oversee and formulate e-newsletters on a strategic and timely basis
- Create and manage the TNM and Grotto Spa E-blasts
- Manage ad creation in conjunction with Ad co-ordinator
- Update/manage the TNM marketing brand elements ie images and copy
- Update/create strong content and SEO for the web-site to ensure always current
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media/marketing partners
- Create a strong working relationships with the island’s tourism organizations
- Oversee all promotion material execution is on brand, on budget and on time with the assistance of the Ad coordinator
- Lead the Ad co-ordinator with support & clear expectations
- Identify, qualify and host Media / Travel Writers
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in marketing/communications plus 2+ years relevant/related experience or 5+ years experience in marketing/communications
- Proficient in MS Office package, included spreadsheets, email news systems (constant contact) etc.
- Proficiency on a Mac and/or PC operating systems required
- Proficient with adobe package specifically illustrator CS5
- Proficient with social media channels including Twitter, Facebook etc
- Clear understanding of seeding and optimization
- Familiar with web-site content development
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Understanding of a hotel revenue management model is an asset
- Able to work occasional weekends or evenings if required
- Able to work within a team, be positive, flexible, ethical, well-groomed & professional in behaviour
First consideration will be given to Vancouver Island & Vancouver residents. Only those currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.